With the current County restrictions on competitive activities, the traditional Area 2C/2D Select Program has been put on hold for the 2020/21 season. The Select Program is designed to give enthusiastic and motivated players from our 10U-14U Fall Program the opportunity to improve their skills in a more competitive but still recreational environment. Although we are disappointed to be unable to offer teams a regular Select League and Tournaments season, we don’t want our players to miss out on the essential training the Select Program provides to those wishing to take their game to the next level.
MDSA is pleased to announce the Winter Academy Program for the upcoming season!
- Runs December 8 2020-February 2021 at Willow Pass Park (under floodlights)
- 90 min training session each week, comprised of 45 min technical training and 45 min small-sided scrimmages within the cohort (size determined by current County restrictions)
- Sessions fully compliant with current Phased Return to Play protocols
- Teams run by volunteer coaches, supported in technical training by our highly experienced Elite Program Coaches
- Players receive two training t-shirts and a pair of socks
- To be eligible, players must have participated in the 2020 Fall Recreational Program in 10U-14U Divisions (born 2007-2012)
- No tryouts, but spaces will be limited due to cohort sizes (likely only one team in each division, 14 player cap). Places will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- COST: $100/player, to be paid through inLeague when team assignment is confirmed.
PLAYERS: Submit the Winter Academy Application Form by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30.
COACHES: If you are interested in a Winter Academy coaching role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families will be notified by WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.