8. Per AYSO National Rules and Regulations, only two coaches are recommended in the technical area during the games. Other spectators should cheer only.
9. Following each scheduled Select Season Game, the game cards are to be returned to the coaches after the referees have completed signing the cards.
10. In each Area, a credential check will be completed by the Area Select Coordinator prior to the first game of the select season. Select coaches must submit two copies of the e4 official roster, signed by their Regional Commissioner, along with signed medical release forms and laminated Player and Coach ID card for each person on that roster.
11. In each Area, any select roster change must be submitted to and approved by the Area Select Coordinator. Changes will normally be approved only to replace a player who is injured and not expected to return for the remainder of the season or who moves out of a Region. No additions to a select team roster will be allowed after February 28 unless approved by the Area Director.
Select Season Rules
12. All games shall be played by current FIFA and AYSO National Rules and Regulations unless otherwise altered here. If there should be any conflict between Region and Area 2C/2D Select Season rules, Area 2C/2D Select Season rules will prevail. Each Region should supply its referees with a copy of these rules.
13. Both Areas 2C and 2D are committed to adhere to the three-quarters playing time rule to maximize the players’ playing time so no player can participate in the full game until at least every other player has played three quarters if able and willing.
14. Substitutions in U10 through U12 shall only occur at approximately midway into each half, at half-time, or when a player is injured under the discretion of the referee.
15. Substitutions in U14 games can be made by either or both teams at any stoppage of play with the permission of the referee. The substitute must be standing at the halfway line prior to the substitution request, except for injuries. Permission may be denied only in limited circumstances:
1) the substitution request occurs just as the ball in being put into play; or 2) a team requests a substitution but the substitutes are not ready at the halfway line. Coaches may substitute a cautioned player at their discretion and only at the time the player is cautioned. Referees are encouraged to talk to both teams’ coaches about good sportsmanship and about not delaying the game using substitutions.
16. Referees are required to file a report for games with any cautions, send–offs, or coach expulsions/misbehavior involving any team to their Area Referee Administrator, with a copy to their Regional Referee Administrator, within 24 hours after the conclusion of the game. After review, the Area
Referee Administrator will send the report to his or her Area Select Coordinator. The Area Select Coordinator will send the report to all Area 2C and 2D Select staff.
17. A player who has been sent off and a coach who has been expelled will have a minimum of a one–game suspension. The player’s or coach’s Area Director may apply a longer suspension and that decision will be final.
18. Any player who has accumulated three send-offs or a coach who has been expelled during the select season are subject to being disqualified for the remainder of the select season, including the select season tournament and will be subject to disciplinary review by the player’s or coach’s Area Director, Area Coach Administrator, Area Referee Administrator, and Area Select Coordinator.
19. Slide tackling in the U10 division are allowed but must be done in a safe manner. Referees can use their discretion to call “dangerous play” or a direct free kick foul as warranted. Coaches should use caution when instructing players related to these soccer moves.
20. Heading the ball is not allowed in the U10 and U12 age divisions. If the referee determines the player deliberately headed the ball, an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team.
21. Uniforms must conform to AYSO National Rules and Regulations. Uniforms must display the AYSO logo. Player names shall not be displayed on any external portion of the uniform. If there is a conflict in uniform colors, the home team shall either change uniforms or wear pinafores.
22. Warm clothing may be worn under the uniform (under jersey and shorts). Long pants (anything that extends below the knee) shall not be worn by any player other than the goalkeeper. Clothing worn under the uniform should be as close to the uniform color as possible or it may be black. No loose items will be allowed, such as the hood of a hooded sweater. Health and safety of the participants should come first so referees should be flexible with underclothing in case of extreme weather (cold or rain).