It’s About What’s Good For The Kids
AYSO is a volunteer-run organization. Coaches, referees and administrators are volunteers. Over 125,000 parents, neighbors, relatives and friends across the country lend their time and talents so that each child gets a terrific AYSO experience. Without the time invested by our MDSA volunteers, we wouldn’t have a program to offer!
AYSO’s volunteer foundation ensures that it’s all about what’s good for kids. It also makes AYSO very affordable. AYSO operates in a business manner, but volunteers ensure its “profits” are happy, healthy kids playing a sport they can enjoy for life.
AYSO has developed special training that helps parents who may have little or no soccer experience quickly gain the age-appropriate knowledge and skills they need to be effective coaches and referees. It also has unique administrative and management training. This ensures that each community program:
- Abides by the AYSO philosophies
- Offers a great AYSO experience
- Continues to grow, offering the AYSO opportunity to more children
It only takes a few hours to become qualified as an introductory-level coach or referee. But if you’re not able to commit even that much time, there are many small jobs you can help with. Even a couple of hours each season are an important contribution to your team and Region!
AYSO training doesn’t stop as long as you’re having fun. Referees, coaches and administrators have clinics, workshops and other advanced training available to advance their skills.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
For more information, contact us!
- Regional Safety Director: Region contact for insurance and safety issues
- Volunteer Coordinator: oversee volunteer recruitment and training
- Picture Day Coordinator: manage the annual region Picture Day in cooperation with our Picture Day vendor
- Marketing Coordinator: oversee online and offline marketing
- Social Media Coordinator: manage the region’s social media, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Division Coordinators: liaise with Coach Admin as the contact point for the division coaches
Volunteer Roles Overview: CLICK HERE