The Spring Soccer Program with MDSA is a shorter, less formal season with a focus on fun, friendly play and player development in a fully recreational environment.
Everyone Plays® – Balanced Teams – Open Registration
Positive Coaching – Good Sportsmanship – Player Development
WHEN & WHERE
- Registration opened December 1, 2022.
- Games take place Saturday, March 25 through Saturday, May 20 (Saturday, June 3 reserved for make up play).
- Teams will be assembled by early March, with Coaches contacting players and starting practices (8U and up) after March 16.
- There are no post-season games in Spring. The Spring program is intended to be less formal and gives players and parents the chance to just have some fun with no pressure about trying to advance to post-season play.
- Games take place in the Concord/Clayton area. Fields may include: Boatwright Sports Complex, Highlands Park, Newhall Park, Pine Hollow Middle School, and possibly others.
- Returning players from Fall 2022: $75
- New players for 2022-23: $95 (see note below)
- The 2023 Spring Player Registration Fee is $75 plus a non-refundable AYSO Annual Membership Fee of $20.
- The Spring Player Registration Fee is used to offset the cost of Spring uniform kits (see below), field rental fees, equipment, and other incidental expenses.
- Guaranteed Placement ended February 23rd. Registrations received after that date will be accepted on a waitlist basis and placed on a team as space is available.
- See the Age Chart below to determine your child’s division for Spring 2023.
- We do not offer 5U or 7U divisions in Spring. If your child played in 5U or 7U for Fall, they will play in the 6U or 8U division in Spring respectively.
- Our Jamboree 6U Program is overseen by our professional Coaches from AMO Soccer Academy, assisted by volunteer team coaches. All teams in other are run by volunteer team coaches.
- Older divisions (typically 12U upwards) are Co-Ed. The smaller nature of our Spring Program does not allow sufficient numbers for “gender-pure teams” at these age groups.
- Please note: we CANNOT accommodate any buddy/carpool/coach requests, due to the large size of our program, and our registration system does not support accommodating specific player/team placements following the principle of Balanced Teams. The only exception to this is the pairing of Coach/Assistant Coach volunteers who request to work together. For more info on volunteer pairings, contact our Coach Admin team.
- Players will receive a t-shirt, shorts and socks in their assigned team’s colors. Soccer ball, cleats/athletic shoes, and shinguards are to be provided by the parent.
- Ball Sizes: 6U-8U – Size 3; 10U-12U – Size 4, 14U & Up – Size 5
- Waiting List Registration means that your player is on a first come first served list (based on date and time of registration) awaiting placement on a team.
- The ONLY exception to the first come first served rule is the situation where a wait listed player moves to the front of the line because their division needs a coach and their parent or guardian volunteers to take this role. If your player is on the waiting list and you want to coach a team, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following will result in your waitlisted player being placed on a team from the waiting list:
– Space is available on a team in the players division when teams are formed (generally prior to season start);
– If there are enough players on the waiting list and an available coach which results in a new team being formed (note the coach volunteer provision above);
– If any players withdraw after the season starts, the available spot will be given to the player at the top of the waiting list.
- Generally, all players that remain on the waiting list after two weeks of games have been played will be issued a refund of both the Spring Player Registration Fee and the AYSO Annual Membership Fee (a player’s application for AYSO Annual Membership is not submitted until they have been removed from the waiting list). If a player is removed from the waiting list, assigned to a team, and then withdraws; the AYSO Annual Membership Fee of $20 is non-refundable.
- If a player on the Waiting list submits a Player Withdrawal Form they will be removed from the waiting list and issued a refund at that time.
- Withdrawal requests received on or before February 22nd will receive a Full Refund less the AYSO Annual Membership Fee (as applicable)
- Withdrawal requests received on or before March 24th will receive a 50% Refund less the AYSO Annual Membership Fee (as applicable) if all distributed equipment has been returned.
- No Refunds will be issued after March 25th which is the Spring Season Opening Weekend
- Click here to use our online withdrawal request form. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.
- Contact email@example.com
AYSO MY2022-2023 AGE GUIDE
|YEAR OF BIRTH||DIVISION|
|2004, 2005, 2006||19U|