SPRING RECREATIONAL SOCCER
The Spring Soccer Program with MDSA is a shorter, less formal season with a focus on fun, friendly play and player development in a fully recreational environment.
Everyone Plays® – Balanced Teams – Open Registration
Positive Coaching – Good Sportsmanship – Player Development
WHEN & WHERE
- Registration opens December 1, 2018.
- Games take place Saturday, March 23 through Saturday, May 18.
- Teams will be assembled during February, with Coaches contacting players and starting practices (8U and up) in early March.
- There are no post-season games in Spring. The Spring program is intended to be less formal and gives players and parents the chance to just have some fun with no pressure about trying to advance to post-season play.
- Games take place in the Concord/Clayton area. Fields may include: Boatwright Sports Complex, Highlands Park, Newhall Park, Pine Hollow Middle School, Silverwood Elementary, and possibly others.
- Returning players from Fall 2018: $60
- New players for 2018-19: $77.50
- We do not offer Scholarships for our Spring Program.
- The 2019 Spring Player Registration Fee is $60 plus a non-refundable AYSO Annual Membership Fee of $17.50. The Spring Player Registration Fee is used to offset the cost of Spring uniform kits (shirt and socks), field rental fees, equipment, and other incidental expenses.
- $77.50 for Registrations from players that did not participate in the MDSA Fall 2018 program ($60 + $17.50 AYSO Annual Membership Fee).
- $60 for Registrations from returning MDSA Fall 2018 players.
- See the Age Chart below to determine your child’s division for Spring 2019.
- We do not offer 5U or 7U divisions in Spring. If your child played in 5U or 7U for Fall, they will play in the 6U or 8U division in Spring respectively.
- Please note: we CANNOT accommodate any buddy/carpool/coach requests, due to the large size of our program, and our registration system does not support accommodating specific player/team placements following the principle of Balanced Teams. The only exception to this is the pairing of Coach/Assistant Coach volunteers who request to work together. For more info on volunteer pairings, contact our Coach Admin team.
- Older divisions (typically 12U upwards) are Co-Ed. The smaller nature of our Spring Program does not allow sufficient numbers for “gender-pure teams” at these age groups.
- Co-Ed teams must abide by the Co-Ed Rules of Play and the Live Rule
- Players will receive a t-shirt and socks in their assigned team’s colors. Shorts, cleats/athletic shoes, shinguards and a soccer ball are to be provided by the parent.
- Ball Sizes: 6U-8U – Size 3; 10U-12U – Size 4, 14U & Up – Size 5
- Withdrawal requests received on or before February 16th will receive a Full Refund less the AYSO Annual Membership Fee (as applicable)
- Withdrawal requests received on or before March 22nd will receive a 50% Refund less the AYSO Annual Membership Fee (as applicable) if all distributed equipment has been returned.
- No Refunds will be issued after March 23rd which is the Spring Season Opening Weekend
- Click here to use our online withdrawal request form. Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org